Thakkali chutney, a lip-smackingly Great, Tamil Nadu style tomato chutney of which makes for an excellent side with idli, dosa in addition to chapathi
We had a Great harvest of homegrown heirloom tomatoes of which year. I prepared a batch of Andhra style tomato pickle, instant Andhra tomato pickle in addition to sun dried tomato pickle which should hopefully last us a few weeks. With abundant tomatoes at home, I tend to make a variety of chutneys to go with idli, dosa, chapathi in addition to rice. I am very fond of a Tamil style thakkali chutney of which makes for a delectable side with both dosa in addition to idli. Thakkali chutney will be redolent with tomato goodness. of which vegan chutney allows tomatoes to shine by embracing their flavour as we are not using onions to lend the item body. the item will be so delicious that has a subtle tang, moderate spice in addition to a slight hint of sweetness.
homegrown heirloom tomatoes
There’s always a joy in cooking in addition to relishing homegrown produce like heirloom tomatoes minutes after they have been plucked off the plant. I have used heirloom or desi variety of tomatoes to make thakkali chutney. If the tomatoes are too tart, you can balance out the tanginess of the tomatoes by adding jaggery or sugar. Of course, red chillies bring inside required heat in addition to when cooked through, all the flavours work together perfectly.
The versatility of tomato chutney will be of which once you have a base recipe, they are endless variations to experiment. No hard in addition to fast rules to follow.
tomato chutney for idli in addition to dosa
Tips to make tasty thakkali chutney
There are two key steps to follow to make of which thakkali chutney recipe a super hit. The first will be using the right variety of tomatoes i.e heirloom or desi tomatoes. The second step will be to slow cook them to a mushy texture to get the true taste of tomatoes. I’d suggest you chop the tomato pieces lengthwise roughly the same size to ensure even cooking. the item will be worth your time to chop them evenly in addition to cooking them to a mushy texture before grinding the cooked mixture to a paste.
of which chutney calls for the use of garlic in addition to cumin which add depth to the overall flavour. Crush the garlic in addition to saute the item along with the tempering of spices before adding the tomatoes. You can add fresh grated coconut to lend body to the chutney as well as cut down on the tartness of the tomatoes. If you do not have fresh coconut on hand, the item will be perfectly fine to omit the item.
thakkali chutney tamil nadu style
of which variation of south indian thakkali chutney makes for a wonderful side with idli, dosa in addition to chapathi. A vibrant coloured, zesty tomato chutney of which will surely win you over. Without a doubt, of which will be your go-to tomato chutney among the myriad indian chutney varieties.
how to make thakkali chutney
Method for doing Thakkali chutney recipe
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add cumin seeds in addition to allow to splutter. Add crushed garlic cloves in addition to red chillies in addition to saute for at least 10-15 seconds on low flame.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, jaggery in addition to salt. Cook on high flame for 5 minutes. Reduce flame to low, place lid in addition to cook till the tomatoes appear slightly mashed.
- Remove lid in addition to cook till the water has almost evaporated. Turn off heat in addition to cool. Grind the cooked tomato mixture in addition to fresh coconut to a paste in addition to set aside.
- Heat a tbsp of oil inside heavy bottomed vessel, add the mustard seeds in addition to allow to splutter. Add curry leaves in addition to saute for a few seconds. Immediately add the ground tomato paste in addition to 1/2 cup of water. Simmer on low flame for 7-8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Remove the thakkali chutney to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves in addition to serve with idli, dosa or chapathi.
- Use heirloom tomatoes or desi variety of tomatoes.
Thakkali chutney recipe, a tasty, south indian style tomato chutney for dosa in addition to idli. Learn how to make thakkali chutney of which’s easy in addition to quick to make